New Rose Bush

New Rose Bush

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21, 2011

Another rainy day - great to do some planting.  Joel and I dug out an apple tree coming from a bush by the driveway (did someone throw a core in the bushes at one time?)  We dug out a peach tree and maple tree that were coming up by the orchard, but in the wrong place also.  We planted the peach by the other peaches, might as well give it a try.  Who knows - it may have beautiful peaches on it someday.  The maple we put behind the chicken coop- hoping it grows big and tall and one day gives us lovely shade in the backyard.  That would be really nice.

I was able to pick up a bale of peat moss so I could get my german elephant garlic planted, and some perennial onions I purchased from Southern Exposure Seed Company.  Hopefully they'll give us plenty of yummys in the spring and summer next year.

When purchasing the peat moss, I bought a blueberry bush - about 1 1/2 feet tall and a raspberry bush.  I planted both of them in the garden, adding a good dose of peat moss to the holes.  I hope these bushes do better than the ones I put in this past spring.  None of the blueberry or raspberry bushes did anything.  I'm dreaming of berries next year.........

Our hole is now ready for the putting in of our outside woodstove tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment