New Rose Bush

New Rose Bush

Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012

Alot, alot, alot was done on Rose Lane Farm this weekend.  I have to thank my incredible husband and daughter for actually picking up the remainder of the largest, most horrid of wood piles ever.  For the first time in 10 months I see the land and back pasture again!  I am so very, very thankful.  I wasn't even home to help out because I had a fieldtrip with my Grower's Academy Class to Catawba Sustainable Farm and Jamison's Orchard.  I learned alot.

Today I rushed to get in some root crops according to the moon planting dates.  I planted turnips, beets and annual onion sets.  I put in alot of perennial onions last fall, but it seems I never have enough onions and want some to sell also so I put in a couple of pounds of onions I bought at the PitStop Mini Market.  They were all out at Mitchell's Store so Larry sent me over there.  What luck because they had the most beautiful broccoli and cabbage plants to put in - so I bought 48 of them and got them planted today too.  I'm almost out of prepared beds right now so I'll be renting a tiller and getting Joel out there on Wednesday and Thursday to till up some huge beds.  I just ordered 100 asparagus plants and 100 strawberry plants.  I need more beds!!!!

Picked a big bunch of fresh kale for Saturday's dinner - baked kale chips, homemade Italian bread and honey marinated tilapia.  Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment