New Rose Bush

New Rose Bush

Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 14, 2012

Continued to expand the orchard today by putting in a Winesap Apple tree where the two plum trees  had to be taken out.  I'll need to give extra nitrogen because it's near the roots of the old trees.

Also put in two small Dwarf cherry trees.  I love fresh cherries and it's been so long since I've been able to get them.  I do hope these trees produce well.  I hear it's not supposed to be easy to grow cherries in the south so we'll see.

Meat chicks supposedly are coming soon.  I prepared the brooder and just need to pick up some start and grow feed.  David is almost done with the new chicken tractor but it'll probably be 2 to 3 weeks before we can get them in it.

Took a look at the old chicken tractor and hope to make it into a small greenhouse to start seeds in.  All I need is a big role of clear plastic to cover it.  I'm really excited about my little mini hoophouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment